Council Day Camp Meetings
The district day camp chairs and program chairs meet throughout the year at the Cockrell Scout Center or virtually as needed at 7:00 pm.
|August 18, 2021
||Year-end camp performance review (required for current camp directors and program directors; last year's directors are highly encouraged to attend)
- Thorns and roses feedback for last year
- Submit patch and t-shirt design ideas for next year
- Submit any program changes recommended for next year
Help the council promote Scouting this summer on social media. We are excited to share that each camp will be given two social media frames. Please make these available for parents to take pictures of their Scouts at dropoff and pickup. Encourage den leaders to text pictures of the Scout to the parents to post.
Consider making additional social media frames. Parents will likely want to take more than one picture. Arne's Warehouse (2830 Hicks St, Houston, TX 77007) has styrofoam social media frames (for ~$9) that make assembling a rocket-themed social media frame easy. Just wrap the frame in a space table covering, add some space decorations (both available at Arne's), and add some yellow scrapbooking stickers that say Day Camp and #ScoutingInfluencer #LaunchtheAdventure #RelaunchScouting.
If you need assistance posting pictures to your district Facebook page, contact email@example.com.
Draft registrations were copied from each district's link from last year.
- Review the day camp page on your district website (under activities tab). Submit any corrections.
- Review shac.org/day-camp. Submit any corrections.
- Review the draft registration link. Review all registration types. Submit any corrections. When registration is ready to go live, let us know.
- Verify your camp location on Google maps. Submit any corrections.
Registration Feedback / Submit Corrections
The day camp theme is A Scout Odyssey. Past national theme resources (2013) can be utilized.
Theme ideas Graphics Promotional Placemats
2021 Camp Dates
Please check the information on the council day camp page and the Google map, and the day camp page on your district website (under the activities tab). Submit any corrections to the council webmaster. The 2021 day camp dates listed on the day camp page were taken from the district calendars submitted by the district committees to the council in the spring.
SHAC Day Camp Page Google map Submit Corrections